Vba avoid cell update during macro execution in Excel
For example, I have a very complex macro that runs for few seconds. While the macro runs, the screen updates based on actions being performed by macro. Is there a way to avoid this updating during macro execution?
To do it in Excel, here is the answer:
- Option Explicit
- Sub SubRoutineSample()
- Application.ScreenUpdating = False
- ' complex
- ' macro
- ' function
- ' goes here
- Application.ScreenUpdating = True
- End Sub
a) Line 3 - Turn OFF Screen Updates when macro is running. Avoiding of screen refresh using this command speeds up execution.
b) Lines 4-7 - Actual macro code with functionality goes here.
c) Line 8 - Turn ON Screen Updates after macro is executed.
You can find similar Excel Questions and Answer hereunder
1) I have a very complex macro that runs for a long time - is there any way I can set up an audible alarm indicating macro run is over?
2) How can I enter a text in a cell with subscript and superscript?
3) How can I copy and rename a WorkSheet using VBA?
4) How to debug a macro in Excel VBA
5) How can I convert Column numbers into Column names for use in range definition?
6) I want to add a trend indicator symbol next to my sales data - how can I do that?
7) How can I quickly navigate to a frequently used field in a voluminous worbook?
8) How can I get users to select a folder to save the output of my macro?
9) Want to use Microsoft Outlook in Excel. Here some basic explanation to get you started
10) Determine if hyperlinks are valid in Excel