How to protect file from access in Excel
For example, I have salary details of all Employees in our organization in a file. In Excel, how do I ensure that this confidential data is protected even if this file is inadvertently accessed by someone without the necessary authorization.
To do it in Excel, here is the answer:
a) Click on "Info" under "File". Click on "Encrypt with Password" under "Protect WorkBook".
b) In the "Protect Structure and Windows" dialog box, check "Structure" option and enter Password. Re-enter Password. Click OK.
The WorkBook structure is protected and cannot be changed without the Password.
You can find similar Excel Questions and Answer hereunder
1) Vlookup to return max value from multiple hits in Excel
2) How can I prevent other users from adding or deleting Sheets in file?
3) Vba code to password protect workbook in Excel
4) How to copy files in Excel VBA is explained here
5) How can I extract file name from a full path including folder path and file name?
6) Import txt file in Excel
7) How can I protect / unprotect WorkSheet using VBA?
8) I have to retrieve data from a specific column in a Table. In Excel, how can I do that?
9) After several iterations, I have finalized my WorkBook - how do I make it Read-only from then on to prevent further edits?
10) Calling a macro from another workbook in Excel