Protect sheet with password in Excel
For example, I have a data table in my worksheet sourced from elsewhere. Data in the Table cannot be altered at any cost as it affects the rest of my Workbook. In Excel, how can I prevent users from editing this sheet, even inadvertently?
To do it in Excel, here is the answer:
a) Click on "Protect Sheet" under "Review".
b) In the "Protect Sheet" dialog box that pops up, enter a "Password". Click OK.
c) In the "Confirm Password" dialog box that pops up, re-enter "Password". Click OK.
d) The Worksheet is now password protected. When the user tries to edit a cell, following message pops up.
You can find similar Excel Questions and Answer hereunder
1) Vba code to password protect workbook in Excel
2) Every time I make an update to my Worksheet, I would like to add a timestamp to my Last Updated field. In Excel, how can I do that in Worksheet?
3) Vba clear the contents of an entire sheet in Excel
4) How to center excel sheet horizontally and verticaly on page in Excel
5) I have WorkBook with sensitive confidential information - how do I encrypt / protect my file so that access to file contents is restricted?
6) How can I prevent other users from adding or deleting Sheets in file?
7) How can I protect / unprotect WorkSheet using VBA?
8) I am planning to protect my sheet using a password. However, for select cells I would like users to be able to edit the cells. In Excel, how can I achieve that?
9) How can I hide a sheet completely from users (the sheet should not even appear in Unhide dialog box)?
10) I have entered lot of comments in my WorkSheet - how do I have them show up when printed?