Protect only limited part of the sheet with password in Excel
For example, in my financial calculator, I have a Table where users have to provide input in some of the fields - cells shaded in light blue in the screenshot below.
How can I set up the Worksheet such that these user input fields are editable even after I password protect my sheet?
To do it in Excel, here is the answer:
a) Select the Input cells that are supposed to be editable. Right click and select "Format Cells".
b) In the "Format Cells" dialog box that pops up, "uncheck" the "Locked" field in "Protection" tab. Click OK. The cells of interest are editable even after password protecting the Worksheet.
By default, all cells have the "Locked" field checked. When a cell "Locked" field is "unchecked", that cell is editable even if the Worksheet is password protected.
You can find similar Excel Questions and Answer hereunder
1) I have WorkBook with sensitive confidential information - how do I encrypt / protect my file so that access to file contents is restricted?
2) How to center excel sheet horizontally and verticaly on page in Excel
3) Applying a countif formula only to visible cells in a filtered list in Excel
4) How to add a link in a sheet to another sheet
5) How can I prevent other users from adding or deleting Sheets in file?
6) How can I show summary reports with Totals only hiding all the rows containing the details?
7) How can I protect / unprotect WorkSheet using VBA?
8) After several iterations, I have finalized my WorkBook - how do I make it Read-only from then on to prevent further edits?
9) I have entered lot of comments in my WorkSheet - how do I have them show up when printed?
10) Vba clear the contents of an entire sheet in Excel